Monday 24 May 2021

Chatty and Hairy

Morning all,

Very busy week after the return of a list! Good job the weather was dodgy otherwise we probably would have struggled to cope. Several lines sold out again already but luckily the slightly warmer weather has push things along a bit so there are more lines coming on stream to replace them.

Not much time this evening to fill you in on all the excitement of the week, I lost a chunk of my afternoon rescuing Phil our big van driver, not him, the van, who ran out of driving hours on the tacho. Just managed to get the potting shift finished before leaving, now this to do and my mum to entertain with whatever is left of the night.

There must be some 'normality' creeping back in as this is only the second time in a year that we have seen my mum so we are looking forward to a chatty weekend and getting the conservatory a good spring clean! I think tomorrows flat out potting team might be a bit much for her so I have promised not to try and talk her into joining in with that.

Very windy over the last couple of days which has moved the turbines round nicely but made the rest of nursery life a bit tense and messy. Moving compost and plants about in storm conditions is not much fun but we couldn't hold off as we were reduced to just a day and a half potting after so much time despatching.

Nice piece about the nursery this week in the online version of 'Hort Week', covering many of our latest updates. Not sure if we will make the cut into the paper version, but it was a nice bit of recognition for what we have achieved recently. It was entitled 'How the Hairy Pot Plant Company came of age' which to my mind puts me back at being 21. If only!

Must go as I am overdue for entertaining and I still have the modules to pick up in readiness for tomorrows session.

Availability list highlights

Ok, there is a list again this week, hurrah! Numbers of some lines are still limited so there could be a few substitutions in the orders to make up numbers. If you prefer we can still do a selection of our own choice of the herb and/or perennial range again and will take your guidance on any lines you don't need. There is even a little bud on a few lines, but not a lot, so please don't ask me for a trolley in bud and flower. As hard as I try I can't get the little tykes to grow any quicker.

Take care out there, from all at Kirton Farm Nurseries



No comments:

Post a Comment