Sunday 4 June 2023

Hairy Hurry

Can't stop and chat tonight as I'm already late for Caroline's birthday dinner down at the farm. It's a week late but last week was so nuts it was impossible to sort anything out. This week was only marginally quieter but only 4 days long which has made it another challenging week. One driver has only just made it back from a very long day out, stuck in all sorts of traffic chaos and another is still 'missing in action'. I haven't had a call to go out and rescue him yet which I have to do on occasions when he runs out of tachograph driving time. Fingers crossed he makes it back or I might miss my meal out and starve!

The usual collection of disasters lining up to add to the fun of the week. They came to fit the electrics to the water recycling to find that the circuit they were going to hook into was short on one of the phases due to an ingress of water over the years. This means they were able to fit all the bits but not power it up. We now have to pay for another trench to be opened up to bring the power in from another junction box, digging up the newly repaired track where they put in the drains! Hey ho, we will get there in the end.

The electric car due in 3 weeks, four weeks ago, is now due at towards the end of June. It is officially 'in production' although I will believe it when I see it. We found out through the finance company who were chasing the garage for an invoice. Can't give up on it now, we seem so close, although I just had an offer on a Polestar for delivery in 3 weeks which is almost tempting.

Great here is Phil, he has made it back and I can now make a hasty exit. Hopefully I won't miss too many courses. Have a fab week.

Availability list highlights.

The perennial list is getting a bit short on numbers at the moment due to the excessive demand for stock. but numbers should recover fairly soon especially now we are at the end of the 4 day weeks for a bit.

Batches of all varieties both perennials and herbs are selling through very quickly, so the weekly list will change a lot from week to week. Always best to try and use the most recent list for your order otherwise there maybe a few shortages. If your weekly list doesn't come through just ask and I will try and send it again. The initial sending is via MailChimp but I know some computer systems will sometimes decide I'm junk and cut us off. If this happens I can't reinstate you myself onto MailChimp but I can send you a link so you can reinstate yourself.

The first batches of the hardy Osteospermum Tresco Purple have a nice flush of bud.

Phlox paniculata are upright and strong and starting to produce bud. A great overwintered crop in a good range of colours. A batch of super strong Sedum Autumn Joy, a great one for the pollinators later in the summer.

Best wishes from all at Kirton Farm Nurseries.


No comments:

Post a Comment