Sunday 16 July 2023

Hairy seat position

Hi,

Sorry I'm a bit late it has been a very busy end of the week with so much clearing and potting getting done, a car to collect and various printer and computer crashes and breakdowns to contend with. The weather didn't help today and I'm sat here in a pool of damp having got caught out in a torrential downpour. I was expecting the winds today but not getting quite so wet. Luckily most of the potting team are under cover so it didn't stop play and now they have all slipped away to enjoy the rest of the weekend.

I will have to keep this short so I can send out the info asap that you really want, rather than more waffle from me.

New car got fixed during the week allowing us to collect it Friday afternoon. It's now sat outside awaiting a trip out to see how it goes. Looks fine but it is full of so much technical stuff it'll take me forever to understand it all. The longest part of the handover was taken up downloading the VW app onto Caroline's phone and putting all the necessary info in there to allow us to drive it! So the car and phone now talk to each other and VW appear to have access to all our other stuff. So far it has rained a lot scine the pick up so not really got to grips with it yet. I drove it down to the nursery this morning but not before a 15 minute challenge trying to work out the electrics controlling the seat position. At frustrating one point I could only make it go backwards and ended up virtually in the back seat and couldn't reach the pedals. Why all this complication just to alter the seat position, what was wrong with the manual adjusters, no wonder the world is running out of resources. It's a wonder there is any power left to make the thing go along the road. I'm sure we will love it in the end.

Going to pop into one of the Ball-Colgrave demonstration days on Wednesday. It's been a few years since I've managed to get there so I'm looking forward to that. A great chance to take a few pictures of some of the plants they supply us with and spot some new varieties we haven't yet tried. Now I can get there under wind turbine energy I will feel all the more righteous, looking forward into the future on multiple levels. To my mind I think that has justified my day out.

Availability list.

The available range is picking up again as sales slow a bit and extra potting volumes work their way through the system. Numbers available are still a bit limited on some lines as batch sizes tend to be smaller at this time of year but with reduced demand the pressure isn't quite so manic.

There are now a few more buds showing up now and there are still more new lines growing nicely which will be appearing on the lists fairly soon. Our list constantly develops over the season so it's always worth just keeping an eye out for the new appearances.

Take care out there,

from all at Kirton Farm Nurseries.

No comments:

Post a Comment